Is your passport lost or stolen?
- Report the loss or theft online
- Contact the Australia Consulate-General Makassar during local business hours or at [email protected]
- Seek more information on the Australian Passports Office website.
Applying for a passport?
- For passport information including applying for or renewing your passport, visit www.passports.gov.au.
- Passport services are available by appointment only.
- Please contact us to make an appointment.
- Check on the status of your passport application online.
- List of occupations accepted as Guarantors.
The Australian Consulate-General Makassar accepts applications from Sulawesi, South and East Kalimantan, Maluku and North Maluku and West Papua province.
Adult Passport Renewals (PC7)
For an Adult passport renewal, you must be 18 years and over and you will need a passport that:
- was issued when you were aged 16 or older
- was issued on or after 1 January 2006
- had, when it was issued, at least two years’ validity
- has your current name, date of birth, place of birth and gender, and
- has not been reported lost, stolen, or cancelled.
If you can answer yes to all the above, complete your passport renewal application (PC7) online.
If you don’t meet these criteria, you’ll need to lodge your application in person by appointment only.
Mail-in passport applications
You may choose to mail-in your passport renewal application if you can’t attend an Embassy or Consulate in Indonesia in person. We encourage you to lodge in-person to avoid postage delays, or if you cannot meet any of the application requirements.
Should you still choose to mail-in your passport application, please follow these guidelines:
- Please include a self-addressed envelope (either A5 or A4) for return of your completed document
- DO NOT send any original documents, including your existing passport
- Incomplete applications will be delayed. Common issues include:
- Photos that don’t meet the guidelines, are digitally altered, or have ink marks on them
- Signatures must be inside the declaration ‘white’ box, and application forms dated using the correct format (DD/MM/YYYY)
- Credit cards that are not enabled for international transactions
- If your passport is damaged, please contact us to discuss prior to mailing in your application.
Guide for Adult renewal application (PC7) by mail
- Complete your renewal application form online
- The application must be lodged within six months of completion
- Print and sign your application form
- Print on plain white A4 paper, using blank ink only. Make sure the top or bottom of the page is not cut off.
- US standard letter paper or US legal paper sizes are also acceptable, but only if they’re scaled properly. Refer to more information on printing your application form
- Sign the form using black pen, within the signature box. Make sure there are no alterations or whiteout on the signature or the date.
- Two recent identical colour photos, less than 6 months old with your full name written on the back of one photo. Refer to photo guidelines for more information
- Do NOT attach the photos to the form as this may damage them
- Complete the payment authorisation form (PDF), include this with your application form
- Please contact us for the latest fee for your passport application
- Check your adult renewal checklist
- Before posting your application, review your adult renewal checklist
- Post your application to thje following address
Wisma Kalla Lt 7
Jl Dr. Sam Ratulangi No. 8
Makassar, South Sulawesi, 90125
Please check you have included:
- Your printed and signed application form
- Passport photos
- A self-addressed A5 or A4 envelope (postage stamps not required)
- Completed payment authorisation form
Child renewal application (PC8) by mail
First-time child applications and applicants aged 16 or 17 must lodge their application in person by appointment only.
Child passport renewal applications (PC8) can only be mailed-in provided the applicant is:
- aged up to 15 years old
- has held a previous passport, and
- you and your child are residing outside Makassar or have difficulties attending the Consulate-General.
If you can answer yes to the above, please complete a PC8 passport application online and follow the guidelines. We encourage you to lodge in-person to avoid postage delays, or if you are unable to meet any of the application requirements.
Please allow a minimum of six weeks to receive a new passport once payment has been taken. PLEASE NOTE: incomplete applications will cause delays.