The Australian Consulate-General in Makassar provides consular and passport services to Australians in eleven provinces in eastern Indonesia: East Kalimantan, South Kalimantan, South Sulawesi, Southeast Sulawesi, West Sulawesi, Central Sulawesi, Gorontalo, North Sulawesi, Maluku, North Maluku and West Papua province. Other provinces in Indonesian are covered by our offices in Jakarta, Bali or Surabaya.
Visas for Australia
The Australian Consulate-General in Makassar does not process immigration, citizenship or visa applications. Please visit the Visa and Citizenship page from the Australian Embassy in Jakarta for all visa related queries.
Travel Information for Australians
Smartraveller has the latest, authoritative travel advice so you can be informed and prepared about overseas travel. Subscribe to receive travel advice updates - by simply supplying your name and email address – straight to your inbox.
You can now also subscribe to the new SMS service - by supplying your mobile number – to receive critical alerts in the event of a crisis overseas.
In a crisis, Smartraveller will activate a crisis page on its website. It will make it easier for you or someone you know to contact the Australian Government if you need help. It will supplement the consular emergency hotline.
Visit http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ to subscribe or connect with Smartraveller on Facebook and Twitter.
Need information on visiting or living in Indonesia? Read the Australian Government’s:
- Travel advice for Indonesia
- Smartraveller News and Updates on special issues and events
- Tips for travellers during COVID-19
We encourage all Australian travellers and expatriates in Indonesia to:
24-hour Consular Support
Need emergency consular assistance? Please call +62 411 366 4100. If you call outside business hours, your call will automatically be diverted to a 24/7 Consular Emergency Centre (+61 2 6261 3305) in Canberra. You may also email us on [email protected]
Consular Officers provide a wide range of services for Australian citizens in Indonesia. These include issuing passports; assisting citizens in trouble; providing lists of local hospitals and lawyers; witnessing signatures and other notarial services; voting facilities for Federal and some State elections; and providing the latest consular travel advice. For a full list of what we can and cannot do for you please have a look at the Consular Services Charter page.
Notarial services are only available where the documents are Australian in origin, or intended for use in Australia. Please ensure you provide correct written instructions to our staff.
We provide notarial services at the Consulate-General in Makassar by appointment Monday to Friday, 8:30am - 12:30pm (excluding Consulate Holidays). Fees apply.
Notarial services include
- Certifying copies of original Australian documents or documents intended for use in Australia
- issuing an Authentication or Apostille certificate (verifying a signature, stamp, or seal on an Australian public document)
- witnessing of signatures on certain Australian documents
- the taking of Australian Statutory declarations being made for use in Australia.
- the administering of affidavits, oaths, and affirmations for use in Australian court or legal proceedings
- issuing a Certificate of no Impediment to marry in one of the Indonesian provinces covered by the Australian Consulate-General Makassar (refer to Marriage in Indonesia for further information)
For detailed information on the notarial services available please visit the Smartraveller website
Factsheets for Living in Indonesia
Australian Consulate General
Australian Consulate General